19 Sep DJI Phantom 3 Drone – First Flight Off Deck with Initial Impressions
On the edge about buying the DJI Phantom 3 Drone?
Having now own both a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and Phantom 3 Advanced drones, here is my initial impressions after taking off for the first time after never having flown a drone before. Do you own research and come to your own conclusions based on my input if this is the right drone for you!
Benefits of getting a Phantom 3 Advanced over the standard include:
- Lightbridge communication between the Drone and Remote Control. This increases range of the drone by about .5 miles in my experience and significantly reduces lag time on the video feed. In my opinion, worth the $200 price increase alone!
- Better controller: has more buttons you can map and a return to home button in-case you lose the video feed.
- Slightly better 2.7k camera. I believe most use a better photo sensor than the Standard
- Slightly useful: Vision Position system which helps keep the drone level in-case the GPS signal is lost. A must if flying indoors though.
Benefits of getting a Phantom 3 Standard over the Advanced include:
- Much lower price point.
- Slightly longer battery life and flying time
- The reassurance that if something goes wrong, it wasn’t a P3 Advanced, Pro, or Phantom 4!